Healthy Greek Moussaka
1 Tbs ghee
1 small onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
4 small yellow potatoes, washed & sliced
1 lb. grass fed lamb or beef
1 tsp cinnamon
1 - 6oz. tomato paste
1 cup water
1 large eggplant chopped in bite size pieces
1 - 15oz can coconut milk
3 Tbs parsley chopped
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F and begin to melt ghee in pan on medium heat.
Add in garlic, onions and potatoes, saute for 5 minutes.
Add ground lamb/beef, salt, pepper and cinnamon to the mixture.
Brown meat until brown with rest of ingredients and drain any excess grease from lamb.
Add tomato paste and water to the ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Transfer meat mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
7. Place eggplant into same pan over medium heat.
8. Sprinkle salt on eggplant and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
9. Transfer eggplant in a 9 x 9 greased baking dish and add meat mixture on top, sprinkle parsley.
10. Pour 1/4 cup of coconut milk into a bowl and pour the rest into the pan over medium heat.
11. Mix arrowroot flour with the coconut mil in the bowl until smooth.
12. Add arrowroot mixture to the pan filled with coconut milk once it starts to bubble and add a dash of salt and pepper.
13. When sauce begins to thicken, whisk in the egg.
14. Pour white sauce over the meat and eggplant in the baking dish.
15. Bake for 40 minutes.